This is the first blog I have ever had, so hang tight. Due to my summer in la I thought I might Jazz up your lives by telling you about the crazy things that go on in this funny town. This first post will be a doosy, only because I have been here for 3 days and already so much has happened!!!
5/26
The day starts with a speed bump, and quite early 6AM early...Before I embarked on my journey I realized that my new, slightly used and abused, digital camera that my father gave me was stolen by the assholes at ARIZONA CLASSIC CAR WASH! After lots of gangsta rap I found myself ordering a $3.20 Egg McMuffin…God I love Blythe.
I pull up to Ghost Town Media, Steve’s production office to find out that Steve is still on a Tech Scout for an upcoming Disney Music Video. So, I walk in and offer my services (Bitch Skills). Three hours later and lots of stapling, faxing, and copying Steve shows up and the stapling, faxing, and copying recommences.
My Iphone informed me that Lebron hit two crucial free throws to send the game into OT, Steve and I literally ran down the street to a local hot spot, Sizzlers, to watch the epic overtime finish. To our disarray Lebron missed a fader 45 foot shot, damnit he is human. While leaving we mingle with a big black man, baby in hand, discussing the problems with the Cavaliers, “I mean shit Lebron can’t throw up a fucking miracle every god damn game, those fools around him need to step their shit up!”
While at dinner with Steve, Issac, drawing a blank on his girlfriends name and her friend, I realize that Ohio is not a place for me. “We used to go to Walmart every night for fun…” No sir, not my cup of tea.
The little hand on my watch strikes twelve as we pull up to The Roost, a great dive bar serving the finest of all beers, Budweiser. Steve introduces me to the birthday man, Andy Bruntel, a great director, and funny man. After an hour of mingling we depart and call it a night. A slightly intoxicated Andy Bruntel bid me a farewell by saying, “Welcome to Los Angles the city where dreams come true”.
5/27
Yet again another early one…Steve is Production Managing a music video for Demi Lovato that shoots on Friday. After we settle in from our lunch break we hear a loud thud, Steve and I instantly look at each other and run out of the office to a head on collision between a Lexus and a large van. Steve ran to the aid of the lady that was in the Lexus, dang he is a lot faster than he looks. He made a twisting like motion with his hands from about 50 yards away instantly I knew he was asking me to get water, so I did. I don’t know what he was more shocked by the fact that there was an accident in front of the office or that I knew his signal meant to grab water, maybe we should be on a charades team.
After that fiasco I began preparing myself for my orientation at Partizan, the company that I will be interning for over the next few months (www.partizan.com). All of a sudden I got the butterflies, that unsure feeling, almost scared feeling. I have yet to prove myself in the film world to anyone that counts, so this summer will be the first step in doing so. The orientation went great, it seems like its going to be a great gig.
5/28
After my half-hour commute, four LA miles, I walk in the elevator to be met by a bearded lady. No joke she had a five o’clock shadow and it was only 9am. After finishing bitch duties of filling up paper in the fax/printers/copiers, and cleaning dirty dishes I was sent on a run to Santa Monica. I had to drop a few things off to Michel Gondry’s producer, nice digs (Yes a movie quote from Clueless, I blame my sister).
When I got back to the office I was handed a script and told to write coverage for it, something I have never done before. Luckily, the script I was handed was extremely intriguing, I was able to finish it in a few hours! Oh crap Lebron was on again.
I met Steve and Issac at Hollywood Billiards just down the street from Partizan. We cheered as the Cavs owned! Kobe vs Lebron…come on who doesn’t want to see that?
5/29
The alarm goes off at 4:10am…set call time was 5:00am, so early! I must say today was by far the best/biggest/most organized set I have ever been on. It was shot at a really cool place with four different setups within the place. I busted my ass, and to the praises of the grips, electricians, 1st ad, and director. I was literally running around making it happen. It was a great experience!
Demi Lavato on the other hand…can you say pre-Madonna. I think it is strange how this children are being transformed into these huge stars…it truly sickens me. What parents allow their child to treat people with such disrespect, and or become child stars in the first place…the night is late so my rant will be brief.
No comments:
Post a Comment